Friday, September 4, 2009

Grandson Chance

Well today is Chance's Birthday! We celebrated with him getting his Webelos Rank in Cub Scouts and his Arrow of Light this week. This makes him an Eleven year old scout. We want him to do well in scouts, (perhaps he can get his eagle faster than his Uncles) he loves to camp out. Or maybe I should say he likes to play out in the woods! So I thought I would show two videos of him. One he is playing in Logan with his Football team. This is his first year playing full contact football so he is learning a lot. I've seen a lot of progress in his motivation and willingness to push himself instead of being worried about what the other boys are doing. He is the wide receiver closest to the camera. He doesn't play alot as most of the other boys have been doing this for three years! That's okay he is in 6th grade this year and in Jr. High he will get the chance to do better than this year.

Then last Saturday night Grammy and I were downtown on a date when we went to the Gateway mall for a walk after dinner. We saw a lot of kids running through the fountain and so we called Sara and found out they were just south of downtown. We told her about the fountain and so she brought the kids. The fountain is fun to watch but with kids it was a lot better. I never had such a thing when I was growing up. The best I could hope for was a drive out to the river and swimming with the turtles and snakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment